Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Stuck in Montreal

No, not visiting Montreal. Stuck in Montreal. Funny story.

Let's just say it was the weirdest most random week ever. On Thursday evening, me and D decided to cut school for the day and hop on the next  plane to Toronto, which was exactly in 2 hours.

We were supposed to be back by Monday but . . . it's Wednesday now, 6.20 pm. The next bus to Fredericton is scheduled to depart at 10.30 pm and arrive around 9 am Thursday. There goes my whole week of school (I have classes only on Mondays and Wednesdays).

Because we're that stupid, that's why we're stuck. Long story cut short, we missed our bus back home, took a different bus of the same route, stopped at the transit station we're supposed to and taddaaa! The next bus to Fredericton arrives in 16 hours. Sixteen frikkin hours.

We're in some hotel right now. Slept for 5 hours until the hotel owner came into the room asking us to check out, unless we pay more. OH EM JAY BABYGIRL you can't just bash into my door and ask me to leave, ever heard of knocking?

Apparently, we're supposed to check out at 12 noon. I swear we checked in at 8 am and the receptionist said check-out is at 12 midnight. The hotel owner was a french speaking (because it's Montreal) Indian. I find it interesting for a moment when she was all "blablabla" and pointing fingers at me. "I don't speak French" said I. Then, we got into an aggressive argument. I was so pissed I wanted to check out as soon as possible, took my tooth brush and woke D up.

Thank goodness D was calm and called the receptionist and agreed to pay another 20 bucks just to stay until 10pm. Why didn't you just tell me it was 70 dollars? It could have been easier than bashing into the door and asking me to leave. We had 20 bucks each and a credit card. This is like Survivor.

2 comments:

Eikha Z said...

Bestnya! I pun suka random trips! (:

The morning dew said...

But so money consuming lah eikha :(