Saturday, July 28, 2012

First step is to admit

In my younger days I have always been a happy-go-lucky person. Nothing gets in my way. I could say I was fairly problem-free, or at least I think I was. School hasn't been my specialty, but I have always been lucky for big exams. I didn't have to go through weird phases you see teenagers had to face. I admit that I had it the easy way. I'm that lucky you see. And that, sadly, has turned me into a not-so-nice person. It happens, when you take so many things for granted and never learn how to appreciate nor how to even feel bad about bad things. Yup, that was me. #Notproud

At some point in life, when you get so many bitch slaps, there will be a time when you stop for a second, and thought

"This doesn't seem so fun anymore."
"Yeah. . . I'll pass"
"Nope"
"I don't want to."
"Something else is more important."

You will grow out of it. You find the things you used to do useless, not beneficial or plain boring. You start to ponder about things, about religion, make serious decisions and judgements, think about people's feeling, think about consequences of your own actions. You grow up. You start looking for permanent happiness.

I wouldn't say I've gone through so many hardship because that is simply not true. But I learned a lot for the past 5 years. I learned about life, people, relationship, etc. How to juggle between classes and cooking. How to live on your own. How to work. How to earn. How to get back up when you fall.I'm proud to say I learned through first hand experience and through the people around me. What do you know, I'm still standing. Shaky, but still standing.

To learn a lesson, the first step is to ADMIT. I admit, that I wasn't the nicest person. I still am not. I do nasty things, I hurt people's feeling and I have wronged so many people and to God. I apologize from the bottom of my heart to the people who I have caused pain. To my parents, to my friends, my housemates, K*, my sisters, my brother, and everyone else. I will not stop trying to be better. I'm still growing.

No comments: