Sunday, July 22, 2012

So we were at the police station just now

I hope everyone had a lovely day. I know mine started very well, and ended pretty bad. But I know all that has happened has a silver lining to it. God is Almighty and He does not simply throw bad luck to people for no reason. I believe this is one of the wake up calls He is giving us because He loves us dearly.

Me and my best friend A woke up early in the morning today to hunt down a couple of Jovian Mandagie's Aviraya pieces at Jalan TAR today. We spent two hours in that small, suffocating, humid store. We were so happy that we made a lot of friends there and exchanged many pieces between us (us and all the makcik kakak amoi adik) to find the perfect fit. The rest of the day was fine until the incident happened.

We went for tarawih at the mosque near my place. When we got there, it was already the first rakaat of isya'. Me, being a paranoid person, kept my handbag hidden in the car and only brought my wallet, my phone and my car keys into the mosque. I didn't want to bring my wallet but we had plans after tarawih so I just had to bring it with me. I placed it in front of me on the sejadah so that I can see them. On the other hand, my friend A brought her handbag in and placed it behind her. I had the thought to move her bag in front but I guess I was rushing so I proceeded with the jemaah. Imagine the regret I feel now!

What happened was. . .

During the second rakaat, her phone rang. Just as soon as we gave salam, at the end of fourth rakaat, her phone and her wallet were gone. It happened around 9 o'clock. At 9.15 PM, her bank account was totally emptied. Lucky thief guessed her PIN code correctly. It all happened within 15 minutes.

We went crazy for a while and all our sisters in the mosque were kind enough in trying to calm down the situation.

Although it didn't happened to me, it happened to my best friend and the fact that I was there and I could have prevented it made me feel guilty. The thief was just behind me, I could hear her voice, the feel when there's someone standing behind you. But you just didn't see it coming, you know?

It's Ramadhan, man. How do you stand in the face of Allah, in the mosque, when everyone is performing prayer, and still do your dirty works? How do you live like that? Do you not feel guilt? Do you not feel like human? I'm still overwhelmed and super angry but at the same time, I know that things like this happen everyday, and today it happened to us. What's more crazy? The thief picked up her phone call! It was dreadful to see your friend begging for her 2-month old phone. She would give up all the money in her account but all she wants back is her phone. But as expected, the thief didn't utter a word. All we could hear was the background music. What's more crazy? Her Facebook status is updated with a disturbing message.

To all my blog readers, please be extra careful from now on. Thieves are everywhere and they do not care how many people are surrounding you. Do not write important information such as PIN codes, account passwords, etc in your mobile phones. Do not use your birthday, your IC number or easy digit combination as PIN codes. If it happens to you, please, please block your bank account and credit cards via phone as soon as possible. I honestly do not believe the police can solve this issue so it is up to you to save what you can save.

1 comment:

Eikha Z said...

Ya Allah that's terrible! Some people just don't know how much they'll suffer in the afterlife for the pain they've inflicted on others. MasyaAllah. And it's Ramadhan! And you were doing your tarawikh! Madness!!