Saturday, March 10, 2012

Green monster, blueberries and nails

Good morning! I'm still on hols for a week (it's Saturday today.. technically I only have today and tomorrow left). The perfect time to be having a terrible flu.

I have been sleeping early for the first half of the week. Waking up early never felt good! Although it's a little bit ironic to be waking up early when you're on hols. When my flu started to subside last Monday, I got up very early, did some stretching and exercised. Right after, I made myself the delicious green monster smoothie, one of the things that I'm consistent with. I like the new recipe I created that morning. Tasted like heaven!

Green monster smoothie
1 banana
A handful of spinach
1 tbs flax seed
1 tbs unflavoured coarse milled fiber
2 tbs of nestum
1/8 to 1 cup of organic soy milk
Blend everything together

I don't bake often anymore. It's too money consuming and my goodness, the amount of sugar I take is crazy. But, a few days ago my housemate KD was too eager to stuff herself with anything with cream cheese icing. So we made blueberry cupcakes topped with cream cheese. They were oh so good.




How we made them?

Blueberry cupcake
1/2 stick of unsalted butter (1/4 cup)
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 cup of 2% milk
1 1/2 cup of flour
1 tbps baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
a few drops of vanilla extract
1 cup to 1 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries
Bake at 175 C for 20 minutes

For the cream cheese topping, I used the same recipe I got for my red velvet cake: joyofbaking.com
But I omit mascarpone cheese (because it's expensive) and reduce the amount of whipping cream. Also, I add half cup of oil to the red velvet batter to make it moist.

I like joyofbaking. Gonna try the panna cotta recipe when I have the time.

P/S: It's that time of the month. So I painted my nails. I like it!

No comments: