Wednesday, January 27, 2010

17

I watched "17 again". You know, starring Zac Efron as Mike. How I wished I'd be 17 again. It was so nice back then. It was perfect. Problems were never too hard to handle. Addmath was a pain in the ass but you can always choose to skip the goddamn question :) Because you can always calculate how much marks you could afford to lose to get atleast a C... Or a D. That's the good thing about exam-oriented education system.

School was great. My shoes were always white and clean. My school uniforms were well-ironed. My ribbon around my ponytail was clean and when it yellows, I throw them and make a new one. My breakfast was served every 6.30 in the morning. Pancakes, egg sandwiches, fried-rice, tuna sandwiches, scrambled eggs or anything with carbo. At 7 am sharp uncle starts the car engine and I would kiss my cat goodbye. My bag was never heavy because all the books would be in the school locker and under the school desk. Every Friday, I had cheer practice with coach Jude or gymnastic coach Mr. Chong. Some weekdays and every Saturday, we had tuition classes at Pusat Tusyen Martin at Pudu. After school, no one went home. We stayed back most of the times. Sometimes we hit the malls, sometimes we went to extra classes, sometimes we practiced cheer, sometimes we just loitered around at the Condo in front of SBS, and ate maggie and ice lemon tea, sometimes we went to our friend's place, sometimes we just blasted the radio at the tarmac like we own it. During recess, we ate accordingly; Wednesday is Nasi Tomato with Ayam Merah Day, Monday and Tuesday is usually thosai day, Friday is Nasi Ayam Day. We would sit at any table, and anyone's table (sorry!). We would eat and talk and eat and talk until Pengawas warned us 6 or 7 times.

By lunch time, (If I didn't stay back at school) bibik served Tom Yum quite often. And I never got bored of it. Sometimes she makes her own Indonesian dish. At night I watched TV, played Gameboy for hours, talked on the phone, and surfed the web. Kadang-kadang ada sleepover kalau malam tu study group. Study lah sangat. Sebok menyembang, lepastu lepak mamak. Our hotspots to lepak was KLCC Starbucks, where all the kids used to loiter around. Eek! I don't know why!

Life was so good back then. 4 years is just temporary, a friend said. And 4 years I will try to live as happy as possible, even at the suckiest moments. Because I chose this path, with a hope it will in turn give me the most valuable lesson and experience. Amin!

8 comments:

xxZR said...

a very good thought tho :)

The morning dew said...

thanks jet :)

patenten said...

syurga dunia? pulang nnt kau buat satu utk aku eh. where do u get the cookie crumbles tho? do u crumble the cookies? HA HA! ok sorry.

17 again! OEMGEE. aku tak pnah suma budak efron but oh shizzz was he HAWT in 17 again! i just wanna F him man! ok, maybe not so extreme.

kau punya 17 mcm over over lg hebat dr aku punya la kan. my shoes were never white. my tudung, yellow but couldnt be thrown away bcos nnt kena beli baru. uniforms were usually ironed like 30 minutes before the bus came. so imagine la kekemasannya.

i didnt have breakfast. i usually spend my early mornings in the toilet doing heavy bidznezz. it was a routine. my bags were always heavy simply bcos nak berlagak budak rajin. haha. like ppl would believe! HAH!

anyways saja nak main2 reminisce skali ngn kau. kita sekolah sebelah menyebelah tapi jarang skali bersua. u've got your stuff, i got mines. but we never fail to meet up occasionally during the weekends.

like me going to your house to see you bergelumang on your katil smelling like your bedsheets. then we talk for hours and hours about nothing. mengumpat pat pat kekurangan org lain just for the sake of sedap mulut. hehe. life was pretty laid back.

aku rasa mcm buat blog post tetamu plak kt blog hang. haha. its only 1 year. things would look up, i bet, i hope. believe inthe law of attraction and you'll get there.

actually just doa lah kan. and wait for it! see u sayangku

The morning dew said...

ya allah kau blogging ke apa kat sini paten?
ya laa dulu aku perfectionist sikittt.
skang tibai2 je sejak duduk sendiri. pedulik apa kasut putih ke hijau ke muddy ke.
hahaha. thanks fatin. yes, law of attraction. ill hold up onto that. and doa sentiasa.

fatimah(bukan nama sebenar)-.- said...

I watched "17 again". You know, starring Zac Efron as Mike.
Mike.. that dude in 17 again, he reminds me of somebody close. How I wished I'd be 17 again. It was so nice back then. It was perfect.

somebody close? shahril ehh?? hahaha. awww kenangan lama

The morning dew said...

wkakakkakaka fatin!!! aiman laaaaa hahwhahah

fatimah(bukan nama sebenar)-.- said...

oh aiman ke? so bukan kau maksudkan time kau 17 yg somebody close tu? haha

The morning dew said...

gerak gaya mike dlm cite 17 again tu reminds me of somebody close. bpak lwk ar klau mike tu mengingatkan shhril hahahaha...