Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Voila, délicieux!

I am currently wet, just had my shower a couple of minutes ago, my hair is still wrapped in a towel and I haven't applied moisturizer on my face yet. This explains my excitement to blog this out.

I love food. Everyone does. Who doesn't? Maybe anorexic people, but not me, and definitely not you. You know what, I just found out that I don't just love food, but I actually love food. I love making them. To bake, to grill, to fry, to toss and etcetera. The funny thing is, I never realized my new found interest until now. I mean, I do it, but I don't see it. When I was a young kid, I used to play masak-masak near the backdoor. Masak sorang-sorang. My ingredients would be daun pelbagai warna, air, garam, gula, beras, pasir, dan kadang-kadang, lilin. Yes, wax.

When I was around standard 4, me and my brother cooked Tom Yum during Ramadhan. Haha kantoi disitu tidak puasa. Surprisingly, it was good. Spicy and full of flavour.

When I was in high school, I used to invite friends and bake simple gourmet or benda tah apa-apa. I remember, me, Fatin, Farah, Nina, we all buat mini pizzas which tasted really bad. Masa Form 4, me, Dayang and Nay baked heart-shaped cookie with sugar-frosting for Valentines Day which is so lame........ Mine was for Sher and he lied to me, "Yeah I ate the whole thing" but the truth was that the sugar-frosting was so thick and sweet he couldn't eat it. So he left it in the fridge and let it rot. Ouch! After all the sticky and icky things I went through and after all the kasih sayang I put in the cookie, you let it rot!

As I got older, I wasn't practically allowed in the kitchen because bibik would say I am a penyibuk and I would only create a mess if I were to attempt to cook something. And so, I was only allowed to wash dishes and only cook maggie and fry eggs. Dulu, mama selalu juga ada masa dirumah untuk bake cake or cookies. I would help her with the doughs. I love to lick the whipped cream off the spatulas. I have gazillions of cook books at home. They're turning brown and crispy.

So I have a new resolution here, people. Hear me! Lepas dapat duit JPA, I am going to sharpen my hidden talent! LOL. Don't mock me, don't discourage me okay. You'll never know maybe in 10 years time I will publish my own cook book!

No comments: