Thursday, March 21, 2013

Cultural Night 2013

We had our MCN on February 23 at the Student Union Building. Tickets were sold out! There were even people trying to get tickets at the door. Even without tables, there were some who just wanted to get in. I'm so amazed :)

I had a great time. We're a small community here at UNB, so to prepare a big event like this wasn't an easy task for us. To be lacking members was a serious challenge but we proved to everyone that with cooperation, team work and mutual understanding, everything gets better :)

Performances - I love the zapin dance and silat. Check it out!
Food - nampak nya our kek bakar (pandan) was the star of the day. Banyak minta resepi -_-
Decoration - super amazed with the backdrop (boys are so artsy!) and the kampung setup is better than I expected

Watch via Youtube:



Silat full performance:



Dikir barat full performance:


Dikir Barat is so funny! and fun! Never imagined myself performing this 4 years back.

Our hard wark has paid off. We got what we deserved. Alhamdulillah. Now we can focus on more Malaysian Student Society activities! (Next post: snowboarding and skiing).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Nada :)

The last time I was at your blog, you were quite down.

My first time leaving a comment, but its ok if you dont approve it. :)

I see things are better for you. And I hope it continues. ;) Except for the part where you got robbed. And your best friend got robbed too. Always be aware of your surroundings.

Will drop by once in a while to see how life's treating you.

Have fun!

The morning dew said...

hi anon. all comments are welcomed :)

with every hardship there is relief - and that is for sure, my friend.

I will keep that in mind. thanks for the du'a. x.

CiCiMaRu said...

dun u ever eat very hard....nnti badan cepat gemuk...ahaks... :-)

Anonymous said...

study and eat hard okay! u look juz fine! ;)

The morning dew said...

Okay, thank you :)