Saturday, December 29, 2012

Winter break 2012 - Ontario

Assalamualaikum! It's been a wonderful winter break. It was one hell of a car ride to Peterborough. 19 painful hours! The journey should have taken only 14 hours max but the roads were too slippery (icy like a hockey rink) due to freezing rain. So we had to maintain a speed of 60 to 90 km/h. Passing by Quebec city, our car termasuk gaung/parit kecil. Kecil je tak besar. Jangan cemas. A truck had to pull the car out while we waited outside in the cold weather. Though, I wonder what happened to our winter. It's been above (-15) degrees Celcius, which is odd. It should've dropped lower by now.



halfway out

at MySukan aka MyCanada Games with team Jangoks @ Scarborough, Ontario.

Anyways, I'm having a good time with my girlfriends. It's been ages since we last gathered like this. Like the old times, when we were all in college, so havoc I tell you. 
We spend most of our times in the kitchen like the makciks we are, watching horror movies while munching on jajan, discussing about marriages, household stuff, sometimes cakap harga pinggan mangkuk and emas lol!


Let's go through a week of my winter break briefly, shall we?



Boxing day sale was bizzare as always. No surprises there. But it was satisfying! I did my shopping at the Toronto Eaton Centre, Toronto's top tourist attraction. Located at the timesquare of the city, the place was crowded forcing people to sit and rest on the floors. Even in the food court, in stores, people had to sit on the floor - and that mall, is a huge mall.


Cannot tahan one, had to take off my boots.

inside Toronto Eaton Centre


Nathan Phillip Sq - Toronto City Hall
Christmas deco inside Toronto Eaton Centre


Christmas trees in Toronto


Went to the Riverview Park && Zoo at Peterborough, Ontario. They've got some North && South American, Himalayan and African animals such as yaks, serval cats, llamas, donkeys, barbary sheep,  and Asian ones too such as the Bactrian camels, wallabies, pythons and many more. Most of them are new to me because they definitely can't be living in our local zoos in Malaysia. To replicate their natural habitat would cost too much, methinks.


Playing Bella in the woods feeling-feeling Twilight. But really I was just in the zoo.


Huge male Bactrian camel


fresh snow!



ready to dive!




Tomorrow, we're going ice skating :)

5 comments:

Journalist said...

Hye nada I love your blog!and nk tanya emm mcm mana nak buat gambar gerak2 tu eh? *jakun* hehe thanks! :)

The morning dew said...

Thank you! I guna iphone app called Cinemagram and embed the link. Hope that helps :-)

Ahmad Tongkeng said...

ok Bella ni funny gagaga. U really love Cinemagram don't u? Benda tu dah lama tapi jarang org pakai la, don't know why.

The morning dew said...

Yes i do! I pun baru discover quite recent, like 3 months ago. Definitely one of my fav apps. An awesome way to seize moments in a short gif version.

The morning dew said...

Yes i do! I pun baru discover quite recent, like 3 months ago. Definitely one of my fav apps. An awesome way to seize moments in a short gif