Sunday, January 15, 2012

Birthdays: My favourite occasion

My dad's birthday was on the 31st December. My mom's was on the 9th January. I wished I was home to celebrate. We'd go to a restaurant and maybe get a cake, blow some candles, order some nachos or a seafood platter, talk about random stuff and just enjoy ourselves. I don't get to celebrate birthdays so much given the fact that I am geographically located too far from my loved ones. I know to some people birthdays are not all important. But I personally see birthdays as something to be cherished greatly. I don't know if you could see that already. Whenever a close friend's birthday is nearing I am the one who gets all the jitters especially if there is going to be a celebration. If it's only gonna be a cake in the park or just a card with a cute cupcake, so be it. I think a birthday should be an annually celebrated occasion to measure how far you've gone, how mature you've turned, how much success you've achieved, how blessed you are, and ya know, just to be thankful that Allah has given another year for you.

The end

2 comments:

K* said...

I love the way you see things others don't usually see. You're such a beautiful creature. Have a good night

The morning dew said...

It's good to hear that from someone important. You don't say this often though :P Unexpected, but I appreciate it. Thanks boo.