Sunday, November 25, 2012

Eid ul adha

After being pushed to update my blog (Zzzzz.....), I decided to make a post about my trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia last month for Eid ul adha. It's my third (or fourth) visit to H-town, I think. It's the closest main city to Freddy. Takes about 4 hour drive to get there. So I rented a car with my friend and embarked on the journey the night before Eid.


Day 1: I slept in that day and didn't go for eid prayer. Too exhausted! We made roti jala, rendang ayam and pulut nasi that day. Then, we went to the park for a Salam Perantauan photoshoot. Hehe! At night we joined the Eid celebration by the Dalhousie Muslim Students Association. Got inai/henna booth and there were so many people waiting to get their henna done so we did our own henna design :)



The park was also a historical site. Behind us is The British (or French?) forte






 Day 2: Had all-you-can-eat sushi for lunch and another photoshoot!


We were fooling around and dreamt of becoming duta The Poplook (wishful thinking gila punya), hence the pose. But Poplook is doing an Instagram contest and I hashtagged this photo. Ha... Semangat?

This too was hashtagged thepoplooklove


 Took a panoramic photo of the lake we visited. App name: Photosynth, a 360 degrees photo stitching app.


Day 3: Went out shopping at the mall and baked with my girls! Made Red Velvet cupcakes and two Pavlovas. First attempt. It's decent. It's just that I'm not a big fan of pavlovas so....







Day 4: We had an early coffee session in front of the harbor, overlooking the wide open view of the waters (connected to the North Atlantic Ocean). One of my sweet girlfriends treated me Pumpkin spice latte :) Only one of the best lattes ever.
Harbour front. Panorama iOS 6

Harbour front




I had a really good time. Love them :)


No comments: